Friday, September 17, 2010

We live at LEGOLAND!!!

                                                  LEGOLAND a la Heinzen's family foom...
This is our family room at the moment.  The kids have spread out blankets and sheets and dumped most of their LEGO's out of their bins.  They are working together to build a big house.  It's really fun to watch them work together.  The house they are building is going to be 2 stories high.  Right now the first floor is done and the detail they have put into it is amazing!  You see, this mess would drive most people CRAZY - and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little bonkers, but they will play and build here for hours.  I'll probably give them another week to have it out in the family room, and then Todd and I will reclaim the space.  When the kids "take over" a room like this, my rule is that there had better not be any toys in the other parts of the house (living room, dining room, kitchen, our bedroom, bathrooms - yes bathrooms, etc.)  The "mess" usually moves around the house - it's usually in one of the boys bedrooms or the formal dining room - which we never use anyway.  As a matter of fact, our dining room we are turning into another bedroom so that when our daughter comes from China everyone will have their own room...  Today, Kallen has a friend over to stay the night and when he walked into our house and saw the family room, he was so excited and told us that it is his favorite room in our house.  Here is a picture of the LEGO house they are building so far...
 Isn't this cute!!!?  In the top picture you can see that they even have a yard with a swimming pool and diving board.  The bottom picture is a close up of the bathroom - isn't it great!  They have a bathtub, toilet, toilet paper, and sink.  I just love LEGO's!  I wish I had Lego's when I was a kid - they probably didn't make them back then.  The one bad thing about Legos is stepping on them!  But, I'm sure when all our kids are grown, I'll miss and think longingly about stepping on Legos.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love that you give the guys the room to create like this. Very cool.

    BioFrog

    ReplyDelete