Monday, April 4, 2011

We Have Travel Approval!!!!!

Today, our agency called to tell us we have travel approval!!!  This means that China has approved us to come on over and get our daughter!!!  Very exciting!  Tomorrow, I'm going to San Francisco to get our Chinese visas.  Our China coordinator is working on setting things up for us on the China side.  He is scheduling the day that we can get our daughter in her province and coordinating that with our appointment at the US Consulate in Guangzhou - amongst many other appointments...  Hopefully we will know by the end of the week when we will go.  We are really hoping we can leave the last week of April.  We will be going to Beijing for a couple of days first, and then we will fly into Nanchang, Jianxi Province to get our daughter.  After 5-7 days there, it's on over to Guangzhou for another 5-7 days, then on our way out, we will try and hit Hong Kong.  We can't wait!  We'll keep you posted!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hello, congrats on your travel approval. We have now been home 6 months with a beautiful little girl from Nanchang, she is everything that we could have wanted and more. I am so excited for all of you, it was a trip of a lifetime, I would return in a heartbeat. It was helpful when packing to get tips from others that traveled. You may be in touch with others that have been to China but if you need any help, please let me know and I will give you my email . My best to you and your family, this is a very crazy and emotional time.
    Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations... it is an awesome journey! I have only 2 and a half days left here in China and I don't know where the time went... Have fun when you come, relax - even when you are stressed time goes by so much! Soak in all you can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I found your blog thru RQ - you caught my eye because you'll be traveling to Nanchang - that's where we'll be getting our DD also in another 2 months! I'll be following along in your journey! Your DD's bedroom is just precious and I think you have inspired me to learn how to quilt. :-) Good luck and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear all about Nanchang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ENJOY china! we have been home 3 months and loved our time there. hope you are going to bring the boys. ours had a blast...trip of a lifetime and really helped the bonding for baby.

    ReplyDelete