Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Week of The Chinese Consulate

Well, in order to go to China, you must have a Chinese Visa.  So, two weeks ago on a Tuesday, I went down to San Francisco to take care of this....  I arrived there at 10:30 - plenty of time to "drop off" our passports before noon so I could get everything back the same day between 2:30 and 3:00 - perfect.  NOT!  I stood in line ALL day only to NEVER get in.  Yes - all day, no food, no water, no pee break, all for nothing.  Aggravating!  So, I got up again at 4am on Friday morning and arrived in San Francisco at 7:30 (they open at 9am.)  People were already lining up!  But, thankfully I got in that day and was able to get our visas the same day!  Here are some pictures of the line and such!  The picture of me is the first day right when I got there - hence the happy face - little did I know what my day was going to have in store for me!

The Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China

The line went up around the corner of the block.

This is me at the beginning of the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment